Saturday, January 15, 2011

Dirty Little Secret

Yes. I have one. And today I am fessing up to it.

Ready?
I have an obsession with taxidermy.
Kind of gross, I know.

J got a jackalope for Christmas from me. It's awesome. We hung it in her "living room" ( although I secretly wanted to keep it in my closet to hang my necklaces on its antlers.)

And today, I bought six taxidermied ducklings on Etsy. They are cute and macabre at the same time.
Maybe I can display them at Easter....


And I found this gorgeous blue-throated bee eater (never heard of it before today) in the same Etsy shop just now. Love it!! (Don't feel like throwing down $50 for it, however.)



This is about as far as I am willing to go right now.

I don't think I'll be buying things as freaky as this:
Too macabre!!

Or wearing taxidermy accessories with my nice dresses like so:



And this is a big design no-no in my book:
Yikes.

Yeah....I think I'm done...

1 comment:

  1. I guess wearing a dead bird around your neck isn't any different than wearing a fur. It looks awful though! Ew.

    ReplyDelete