Tuesday, January 4, 2011

King of the Castle


When we had our booth at McKinney Trade Days, I bought an old flour sack from one of the vendors. It was stained and dirty, and I had plans to turn it into a pillow. Unfortunately, it was necessary to wash the stains out, and the dyes bled a bit when I did. Despite that, after a good washing, it looked better any way.

So, I sucked it up and ironed the sack until it was crisp and wrinkle-free. Then it sat on top of my washing machine for a few weeks.

Today, I finally found a soft feather pillow (fairly large at 19" x 19") that fit the width of the sack.

So, after some pinning and cutting and sewing, I finally have a pretty cool, one of a kind pillow!!


As with just about everything I make, this one is for sale in my Etsy shop if you are interested!

No comments:

Post a Comment